Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Make Shift Marquee

Making A Marquee
  So I have my marquee art that I made myself, and after a bit of tweaking I was ready to send it off to GameOnGrafix for them to print it out.  Before I sent the finished copy though, I decided to print off my rough draft and create my own marquee for testing purposes for the arcade. 
  I took left over vector art that I had gathered for my control panel art, and just threw something together.  I then went and found PacMan font online and used this to make my "logo."  So with that done, I then printed out the marquee spanning three sheets and taped these together with cardboard backing. 

Here is the finished product.  Not too bad for a make shift marquee while I wait for the other one to come in the mail. 

  Next, I mounted this behind my glass marquee on the cabinet and tested out the light
...And nothing showed through.  The cardboard is too thick for the light to come through and illuminate the marquee.  I am fine with how it looks currently since this is only temporary. 
Here is a nice full shot of the cabinet so far.  My T-Molding has arrived and I will be placing this on, after that I have the marquee and maybe a few other things and I will be done with this project.  Thanks for tuning in, until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment